Monday, May 10, 2010

Mexico!!!

Sorry, it's been well over a week since my last post.....I have good reason! I was having a fantastic time in Mexico celebrating our neices wedding.



Here's how the next few days went:



May 1, 2010 - 24 hours after Chemo a nurse came to our home to give me an injection to increase/maintain bone density. Not 10 minutes after she left we too were out the door heading for Toronto! We didn't fly out until the following morning at 10:00 am but because we didn't know how I was going to feel we thought it best to get a hotel room for the night so that I could rest comfortably and sleep later. Otherwise we'd have been on a bus at 5:00 am and there would be no rest on that ride.


At around 8:00 pm (maybe earlier) I began to feel nauseous again, I took an anti-nausea pill and went to bed...in the giant king sized bed at the Hilton! So comfy! I awoke twice in the night, took another pill and drifted off again.


May 2, 2010 - We had set the alarm for 7:00 am....I woke up still nauseous but knew that I had to get moving! One more pill and I was good to go! I just had to force myself to stay awake...the nice hot shower did little to help that. I was slow to get ready but that was okay because we had the extra time. Once I got moving my stomach settled and we were off to the airport where I managed to get some breakfast down which also helped alot. The rest of the group arrived which also helped to keep my mind off of my stomach.


We flew out at 10:00 am with absolutely no sign of nausea! I was good to go until Monday morning when I had to take another anti-nausea pill. I've not had to take one since and have been feeling great.


May 3 - 4, 2010 - Fun in the sun! We hung out in the pool for hours! The water was so warm. Paul and I had a private pool access room that was situated away from the main pool. Every morning I'd get up make my coffee, go out on the balcony and read while I waited for Paul to wake up. As soon as he was up we'd take a dip in our pool and hang out for a while. It was so nice to be able to have the private time.

May 5, 2010 - Our 9th Wedding Anniversary! We spent some quality time together for most of the day before heading off to the Rehearsal dinner with the entire group that had travelled to Mexico for Andrea & Derek's wedding.

May 6, 2010 - The Wedding Day! The wedding didn't take place until 5:00 pm so we had some time to kill. We hung out with Steve (Bridesmaid Sarah's boyfriend), at the beach, in the pool, at the pool bar....it was a great day!!!

The Wedding couldn't have been more beautiful!!! Andrea made the most beautiful bride and together Andrea & Derek are a gorgeous couple! It is hard to find two people who are more genuine in their love for each other than these two. Congratulations Andrea & Derek!

The day after the wedding I beleive almost everyone spent at least 8 hours by and in the pool! It was far too hot for me to sit in the sun...or the shade for that matter so the pool it was! I've never had prune fingers so many times in one week in my entire life!! But it was totally worth it!

Our last full day in Mexico we spent on an excursion to the Tulum ruins and Xel-Ha (pronounced Shell ha) which is a big, natural water park where you can go snorkelling, take an inner tube down the lazy river, cliff jump, swim with Dolphins or a big ugly sea cow.... It was a great day spent with family!

Even wearing SPF 60 sun block, sitting in the shade or immersed in the pool I managed to come home with a good tan!! It was utterly impossible to avoid - I tried!

Now...let me tell you about "Uncle Paul"...everybody loves Uncle Paul! What can I say? He's a fun guy! Paul had a great time hanging out with the guys for Derek's Bachelor party and for the life of me I can't get any info out of him as to what went on that night....it's "the guy code"! "CHILLY WILLY'S!!!!!" is all I know! Some of you will know what that's all about. By the third day EVERYONE was calling him Uncle Paul and he was loving it! It is a prestigious title to have....especially on this holiday. He was in his element hanging out and having fun.....I wish I could have hung out as much but I was unable to keep my eyes open too late in to the evening....but I was there for all the day time antics!! And there were many!

We arrived home by 11:00 pm sunday night and it was straight to bed for me (after checking my email and Facebook...) because I was off to work the next morning!

I know this didn't have much to do with "Ted" (who was a total free loader on this trip!...he didn't pay for a thing!!) but the trip did let us forget about him for a little while!

1 comment:

  1. I was so honoured to have you both at the wedding. It meant so much to me that you both could share this special moment with us. It wouldn't have been the same without "Aunt Suzanne" and "Uncle Paul". Love you both so much. You have both played an integral part in my life and I was so proud to have you both there in Mexico.

    One more point. I told Uncle Paul today that he is like a celebrity with my friends. He loves it. I love it too.

    Love you both

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete