Friday, May 21, 2010

GOOD NEWS!!!

Today, May 21 I had an appointment at the Cancer Clinic. It was a pre-Chemo appointment. Kind of like a check-up.

I got great news! Ted has shrunk! After only one treatment!

What I hadn't mentioned yet is that Ted had found himself a sleezy little girlfriend, Emily, that he'd let move in. I guess even Ted didn't want to travel to Mexico alone. Before my first treatment on April 30 Ted measured 11 x 8 cm and Emily was just bigger than 4 x 4 cm...please note that these are external measurements so there is a lot more than just the tumour in that measurement.

I am happy to report that Ted (the slimely little man that he is) has shrunk to 8 x 6 cm and Emily is down to 2 x 2 cm! My blood work is excellent and in fact you'd never know I have cancer just by checking my blood! My cancer is not hormone driven so, if I understood correctly, the chemo shouldn't cause my ovaries to shrivel up and die! AND I don't need to have the porta-cath installed in my chest just under the skin to take chemo so they will continue to just stick me with a needle each time. Yay!!!

I have reason to celebrate this weekend! Albeit a dry celebration...but who cares! There will be lots of time for that later!

We're off to the lake for the weekend!

Have a great and safe weekend everyone!!!

4 comments:

  1. Suzanne: Have a great long weekend! You deserve it! I am so happy to hear that Ted and his girlfriend are getting the message to leave! I hope they can pack their bags quicker after Tuesday! We will see you when you get back! Love Kim xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fantastic news Suz! I so much love that you have shared your blog with me...I think about you often and I'm glad I can "check in" this way :o)

    So proud of you...you rock that bald head girl!

    PEACE OUT TED & EMILY

    - Sarah Ashkanase

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow!! That's awesome news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing news! Thinking of you today!

    ReplyDelete