Thursday, May 27, 2010

You don't need hair to feel like a woman!

As I sit here and rub my now bald head....totally bald, not a single hair on it....I begin to think of the things my husband tells me that makes it not so bad.

I don't need hair to look like a woman, my hair does not define me. I have many other features that define me as a woman....
  • the way I walk,
  • the way I talk,
  • the way I carry myself,
  • the positive attitude I have that many others don't,
  • the way I can laugh in the face of Cancer,
  • the way I "put my face on" in the morning
  • and the way I take it off each night,
  • the way I care for my husband while he's busy trying to care for me,
  • the way I am determined to work as much as I can while I can to keep from going crazy,
  • and definitely the way I still fight for others even though I'm in the middle of my own hour of need.
All of these things and more define me as a woman.

This is not a list that I came up with all on my own....it is Paul who tells me each day what defines me.

2 comments:

  1. We need a like button on here! Your (Paul's)list is bang on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! A strong, positive, beautiful woman is what defines you -- not whether you have hair or not! Keep the humour and stay strong!

    ReplyDelete