Thursday, May 20, 2010

Bald is the New Brunette!!!

I've realized something....the wig isn't for me, it's for everyone else!

I'm okay with my bald head. I'm not okay with my head being hot and very itchy!! I'm not okay with worrying if it's on straight or if it looks okay! And I'm definitely not okay with how it smells! It's not that it smells really bad, but it smells like....a wig!! Maybe after a wash it might smell better.

When I tried it on in the store, it looked great. When I had it on in the salon to have it trimmed, it looked great. These two instances have two things in common....I only had it on for 5 minutes and I didn't have to move around. There was no need for me to touch it at all. Within an hour of having it on, on Wednesday morning, I found that when I turned my head to check my blind spot while driving it moved, when I am working at my desk with my head down it moved, and even walking around the office...it moved! There is only so much time I can spend in the bathroom tending to it.

For these reasons, and more, I've decided that I'm not going to wear it unless I have to. And honestly, when do I really "have to" wear it anyway?!? I don't foresee anyone having a problem with my comfort and if they do....I don't care! I have no problem wearing hats, I've got lots of them! So I'll have no problem wearing scarves to cover my head when necessary.

I don't know why women in this situation feel the need to "have to" wear a wig. I will admit that before I shaved my head I was worried (as you've read) about how I would look, what people would think and how I would feel about not having any hair. I'm over it! Bald is the new brunette!!! I've got enough to worry about, why waste time worrying about the trivial things...it's just hair, it will grow back! Eventually.

I've embraced my baldness, I hope you all can too!

1 comment:

  1. Bald is beautiful! Baby. I've been saying that for years. Atlast someone believes me.
    Steve

    ReplyDelete