Tuesday, May 18, 2010

My Amazingly Supportive Family!!

Ever wonder what you'd do without family around to support you through good times and bad? I don't ever want to know what it's like to go through something like this without the support of my family and luckily for me I don't have to!

We are "The Robinsons" (even though Paul and I are actually Newington), our small family of 7 people are a very tight knit group! There is nothing that we would not do for each other and I Thank God everyday for allowing me to be a part of it! All through my 34 years I have been a very proud Robinson...how could I not be?!? Look at the people that are in this elite group!

The Matriarch, my Mom...a strong woman who taught me everything I know, who's foot steps I followed and who I admire for all that she is! Mom you taught me how to be a strong and successful woman and, if I don't say so myself, I think you did an amazing job! You taught me to go after what I want and not to settle for anything and I won't settle for anything but success!

My Hero....yes Stevie, that's you! I remember as a child looking at you and thinking "that's MY brother, he's so cool!" This is normally where I'd throw in a joke about how uncool you are....but really I still see you in the same light. You've seen me at my best and at my worst and you have never left my side. You've always been the one I can turn to when I needed advice and I knew that you'd give me exactly what I needed even if it was not what I wanted to hear. You have been and always will be My Hero!

My Sister-in-law Diane, who I've always wanted to call my sister. You shoot straight from the hip and I love you for that! You too have seen me at my best and at my worst and if Steve can't say it to me you can! I'm so happy that Steve found you. Somehow you keep him in line and that's no small task! I don't say it enough, I love you. And, if it wasn't for you there would be no Dillon or no Matthew and the world would have missed out on these two!

Dillon and Matthew, I can't wait to see what you guys do with your lives! You two may not always get along, but you will always have each other. Dillon, you have become quite the musician and I think you have a real future in it. Thank you for the songs, I can't tell you how much they mean to me! Matthew, your knowledge of so many different subjects amazes me! Whatever you become I know that you will be successful! Thank you both for your hugs each time I see you! I love you both very, very much!

My Husband Paul....the one who has my whole heart! You are the strong one when I can't be. I don't know how I got so lucky as to find you, but I did and I Thank God each day for sending you to me! I never have to wonder how much you love me because you always show it and there is never any question! I love you!

Speaking of my husband....Paul's side of the family are also an amazingly supportive group!! Paul comes from a much bigger family than I, and they are also a fantastic group of people who I am very proud to call my family! For fear of leaving anyone out I will say this....this family truly knows the meaning of unconditional love!

This "experience" would be so much worse to have to endure without the love and support of both of our families...they show us everyday just how much we are loved!

There is one more person in my family who I need to mention....Dad. I know that he is watching over me and has put in several good words with the "Big Guy"! Dad, it seems like it was just yesterday that we lost you. I know that if you were here you wouldn't be handling this nearly as well as you would make it seem on the outside. I miss you and I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment