Friday, April 30, 2010

Eviction Notice #1 - April 30, 2010

Friday was Chemo day! A.K.A. Ted's first eviction notice!

Our day at the Cancer Clinic started with blood work at 10:45 am. This took all of 5 minutes and we were at least a half hour early because I thought my appointment was at 10:15 not 10:45....oops! They took me anyway because they were slow. So then we waited...my next appointment wasn't until 11:45. It's a good thing that the Cancer Clinic is a nice place because we will certainly be spending a lot of time there!

My 11:45 turned in to a 12:05 , thankfully Paul brought his iPod and we watched a movie while we waited. I could have read my book but it takes more concentration so I opted for a movie.

Dr. Potvin had a look and took some external measurements, then we were off to the Chemo waiting room.

The receptionist at Chemo was very nice! She could tell I was a little apprehensive and she told me that when I come out of there I'd feel better than I thought I would....as it turned out she was right!

Because my appointment with Dr. Potvin was delayed so was my Chemo. The receptionist came out of her office to find us and tell us this! I'm so not used to that! She suggested that we go and grab something to eat and the pager will alert us when they are ready for us. There is a Timmy's downstairs so we just went there. We grab a bite and just as we finished my pager was buzzing. Time for Chemo!

My nurse was Alison and she too was really great! She needed to take some blood before she started the Chemo drugs but she had a very difficult time finding a vein....3 different spots in either arm and my vein finally gave it up! Next time I'll need to drink a lot of water before going in to stop that from happening.

The first two drugs I got were from a syringe that she just pushed through the IV, as she was pushing through the second one she said "this one will really piss off Ted!" It's also the one that makes me lose my hair, so it's an eye for an eye Ted....I lose my hair you gotta lose something too!!! You've brought this upon yourself!

The third drug was a drip that took 45 minutes. I resumed watching a movie while Paul went out to make some sales calls in the lobby, before we knew it the 45 minutes was over and we were heading home!

The receptionist was right, I didn't feel any different! Until about 2 1/2 hours later.....good thing they sent me home with anti-nausea drugs because I've been taking them every 4 to 6 hours since we got home!!! It's not that bad and it will get worse as I go through more treatments but it's a terrible feeling and it really knock me on my butt!

I was in bed by 8:30 because I decided that I was just going to fall asleep on the couch anyway why not just go to bed. I awoke 4 hours later and still needed another anti-nausea, I woke up at 6:45 this morning....and took another! Wow! Now it's 7:30 am, I've done some work on our upcoming Charity Golf Tournament, I've blogged....I'm heading back to bed for a nap!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment