Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Eviction Notice #2 - May 25, 2010

After my appointment on Friday and all the good news I got, I headed to the lake for the weekend!

"We" spent the weekend building an awning on the trailer so we would have lots of shade and aren't trapped inside when it's raining! Thank you to Gary, Paul, Mark, Steve and anyone else who wandered over to help out! It's done, except for a few minor details, and it's awesome!!! I now have a very comfortable and cool place to relax on the weekends, and with the new floor inside the trailer it is a much cleaner place for me to be!

I thought I had a picture of it finished, but you get the point.

And the awning!! Just a few small details but otherwise it's done!

Tuesday May 25, 2010 was Chemo day #2!

I got to sleep in for an extra hour, which was nice since we were up early all weekend to work on the awning. As I was washing my hair, what little hair I had left, it started coming out in my hands again. I grabbed the mirror and had a look..my hair line had receded considerably! Just from gently applying shampoo! Since it came off that easily I decided it was time to take it all off. Basically I pushed it off my head, I continuously ran my hands over my head from my forehead back and pushed it out until I couldn't get any more to come out. Wow, is my scalp ever white!!! I do have some hair left but it is very sparse, so, even though I've been advised not to I'm going to have Paul CAREFULLY take a razor blade to my head. They only advise against it in case the razor nicks my scalp because I have to avoid injury. So, I'm a cue ball!


Cue ball!!
The tanned area....is my part! Haha!

My Mom picked me up at 9:15 and we headed for the Cancer Clinic. My appointment was for 10:15 am. and I was in the chair at 9:50 and out by 11:15. Mom had some "errands" to run so she dropped me off at home to rest. A few hours later I was feeling pretty crumby and rested on the couch until about 8:00pm when I headed for bed...and stayed there for 12 hours!

This morning I'm feeling okay, but not 100%. I'm waiting for the nurse to arrive for my injection and then will try to get to the office, but we'll see how I feel then.

No comments:

Post a Comment