Friday, April 30, 2010

ECG & Ultra Sound Guided Biopsy

Wednesday was my ECG....really uneventful, hardly worth mentioning. Although of all the nurses and technicians I've had the pleasure of meeting....I can't say that of the technician who completed my ECG.

Thursday was my 2nd Ultra Sound Guided Biopsy. I was late getting there and didn't the Receptionist give me hell for it!! It was almost like I was the first person to ever be late for an appointment anywhere!!! "Luckily" she let me through. Martha was the x-ray tech for my test again, she's so great! I'll be seeing a lot more of her in the coming months which as weird as it sounds is a comfort. This time they took only 4 samples and only from "Ted". Hopefully I don't bruise as much as I did last time...won't that look "interesting" to other tourists in Mexico if it's as big a bruise as last time! That just makes it sound like my bathing suits are really skimpy....really they aren't!! The bruise was just THAT big!

One thing that I think is important to note is that when I had my first biopsy Martha said that the tumour was about 4 cm, but that I'm extremely cystic. I knew that the tumour had grown and it feels different quite often like it's moving around but when I told Martha that I didn't want to look at the screen during the ultra sound because I knew it was much bigger she had a look and assured me that it wasn't much bigger than it was a month ago! More than likely, but don't quote me, it is the "multiple" cysts I'm feeling. Again, cysts are harmless.....

So that brings us to today...it's my first Chemo day! Or rather today is the day that Ted gets his first eviction notice!

I'll blog all about it later tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment