Friday, August 20, 2010

Quick update....

Radiation - done - check!
Chemo - 2 left - check!
Surgery date - Friday Oct 1! - CHECK!!!

We met with the surgeon on Wednesday August 12, we were much more impressed with her this time that the first time we met her. She was very happy to find that the tumour has shrunk as much as it has....I can't find it at all anymore!

I asked about removal and reconstruction at the same time....this is not something they do a lot of apparently! So, on Oct 1 I will have the left one removed. Then MAYBE 6 months months later I will undergo reconstruction where they will take the right one and reconstruct both. At least I have some time to get used to the idea....at least I will be alive! It's only temporary!

Radiation is all done, but it is catching up with me. I am extremely tired all the time now and spend my spare time on the couch or in bed. Don't get me wrong...I feel good, I'm just tired.

I did end up with burns from the radiation....in my arm pit! Ouch! This wouldn't have been so bad had it not split! It did, and it hurts! Again, only temporary and already it is getting better.

Food continues to be a challenge....nothing tastes good but I have to eat so I do. This would be a great diet if I could keep it up when this is all over! I'm down at least 7 pounds in the last 2 weeks...I'll find out today how much more I'm down, if my scale is right it's a full 10, making it just under 20 since my first treatment.

I continue to work as much as I can, but when I can't, I can't and I stay at home....asleep, worrying about what's going on at work....then realizing that I can't do that, I have to take care of myself, work will wait...my team can handle it!

I anticipate a lot more sleep for me this weekend...hopefully I'll be awake enough to visit a little bit but otherwise I'll be on the couch or in the hammock all weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment