Monday, August 9, 2010

Cheque Presentations!

Today I delivered both cheques to our charities from the golf tournament and I took some help with me!

For the cheque delivery to the Cancer Clinic I took the two Pinky's with me! Ben and Paul...Ben still with his pink hair and Paul with his shaved head! We met with Erin Pollett from the LHSC Foundation and she took us on a tour of the facility. Of course Paul and I have seen quite a bit of it over the past few months but Ben has never been. We got to tour the labs on the top floor and were able to speak to one of the top Breast Cancer Researchers in Canada. We learned that the researchers often go on "rounds" with the Doctors to meet with patients. This way that can see what's working and what's not and tailor their research to find new and better ways to treat the patients. This is not something that is done in most other Cancer facilities!

After our tour we met up with Brian Orr who's title I can't quite remember right now...but I'll find it....suffice it to say he's the boss! We had a quick photo session upstairs on the office floor then we got permission to go in to the Chemo Clinic to make our presentation! I wanted to do it while I was receiving my treatment but as it turned out my appointment was an hour and a half late so it just didn't work out that way. After our presentation we let Ben run off to work and settled in for the hour and a half wait for my appointment.


I was scheduled to meet up with Ally Poole and her dad Gord (my co-worker) and Jill Osborne of the Children's Health Foundation at 2:00 pm....because my Chemo ran late I was cutting it close but made it there on time!

We walked over to the Children's Hospital to make our presentation in the Art Therapy room! Ally was in awe...in all the time she has spent in this hospital she'd never seen this room! I think it's safe to say that during her next stay she'll be asking to go check it out!! She was also very excited to get to sign the big cheque!




After a long day I headed home to rest...and write!!

No comments:

Post a Comment