Friday, August 20, 2010

Friday August 20, 2010

Today was the usual weekly check up....I was so tired that I found it difficult to stand in line to check myself in with the receptionist, so Paul did it for me while I sat and waited.

After the usual bloodwork it was time to sit and wait for 45 minutes for next the appointment. Someone was looking out for me today though because they took me in early, the full 45 minutes early! It was so nice.

The nurse took my vitals and asked all the questions usual questions then left me to change in to the gown and wait for the next person to see me. So I took advantage of the exam table and laid down for a nap while we waited.

I didn't get to nap for long before Isabella (the resident who told us in April not to go to Mexico) came in to see me.

She had a look at the burn in my armpit and told me to keep doing what I'm doing to help it heal. Then she examined the tumour and was happy to see that she couldn't find it.

Today was the first time we've heard the word "cured" in relation to my cancer! However, they can't say for sure just yet...not until the pathology comes back after my surgery.

My eyes "water" all the time now so it looks like I'm crying....I assure you I'm not! But I can't help it! There is nothing I can do about it, it will stop once the chemo is over. It does make it difficult to keep makeup on my eyes though!

That's it, that's all for now! Off to the lake to rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment