Friday, October 22, 2010

Guess who is Cancer Free!!!!

Yes! It's me!!

Today we met with Dr. Potvin who is my Medical Oncologist (a.k.a. the "Hottie Doctor" as per Paul) and she told us that after Chemo & Radiation there was a 6mm mass left but that Surgery took care of that! So I am officially CANCER FREE!!!!

I continue to do the exercises daily and my mobility is improving. Next Thursday we meet with the Surgeon for a follow-up and hopefully find out when I can go back to work since everything is going smoothly.

I've been refered to a reconstruction surgeon, Dr. Skilley, who I've heard is really good! He actually was my Dad's surgeon many years ago for his carpal tunnel and for another friends reconstruction. I look forward to meeting him and getting the ball rolling on the new "girls"!

So, it's time to celebrate! I'll have a couple of celebratory drinks tonight for sure! (I'm surprised I don't have one right now!)

Paul has planned a special birthday party for me this year - "Suzanne's Alive and 35 Birthday Bash!"

It will be at Moxie's Classic Grill in Downtown London (on Richmond) on FRIDAY December 17 at 8:00pm. There will be some muchies provided and a special cake...Paul won't tell me anything about the cake other than it's "Special" (Thanks Sherry!)

If you can make it, please come celebrate with us! If you're able to come out please email Paul at pnewington@rogers.com or find the event on Facebook and RSVP there! Everyone is welcome!!

Hopefully we see you there!

Well....there are phone calls to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment