Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Radiation

Tuesday July 6, 2010 - my first Radiation appointment.

I went to work this morning, just one day after my first phase 2 Chemo treatment, I felt great! At 1:15pm Paul arrived at the office and we headed over to the hospital for my 1:45 Radiation appointment. I was told that I'd be in and out in 10 to 15 minutes.....wrong! Of course on my first day there was a breakdown! I never learned exactly what happened, all I know is that my appointment was delayed until 2:10. No big deal. I was finally taken down a very long hallway to the radiation wing of the Cancer clinic. I can't remember the name of the girl who led me down there but she was very nice. She introduced me to the team that would perform the radiation....they too were very nice and made it very comfortable. I do try to make a point of remember names but I didn't get any of them today! Oh well, I have 9 weeks left to learn them!

Paul was not able to come in with me today, which only disappoints him because he really wants to see everything that I'm going through.

As usual I had to change in to the gown and wait to be called in. Today, because I had been at work I was wearing my wig so I left it on for the procedure....I won't be doing that again. Not that it was a problem, but to lay back on it can be uncomfortable.

They took a little longer with me today than they will need to going forward because they had to get my tattoo markings all set up on the machine. All my future appointments will be much quicker.

I was told that I wouldn't feel a thing, I just had to lay back and relax and as usual to not move at all! I did as I was told and the procedure was over before I knew it, and like they said I didn't feel a thing.

I don't know why I didn't realize it but "Radiation" is just another word for "X-Ray". So every week day for the next 9 weeks I'll be getting X-Rayed and this will help to kill Ted....Dead! Haha...bye bye Ted!! It's not been nice at all knowing you!

When I was all done Paul dropped me back off at the office to finish out my day and he continued on his sales calls. There won't be any need for him to come with me for Radiation in the future since he can't come in so I will be getting myself there and back every day.

Tonight, I'm tired! Paul put on a movie (Avatar) at 6:30 and within 15 minutes it was lights out for me. I decided that I should just go to bed, but when I attempted that there was a furry, four legged little girl who had decided to curl up on my side of the bed and she wasn't going to move! We just got a new, very comfortable, mattress and Roady likes to spend as much time as possible on it! I was unable to get comfortable on Paul's side so I decided that I would just get up and spend some time blogging.

But it's now 9:00 pm, my eyes are sore from staying open so I think poor little Roady is going to get a rude awakening!

Night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment