Monday, July 5, 2010

Phase 2 - Treatment #1

Today July 5, 2010 - I under went the first round of phase 2 of treatment which is a drug called Docetaxel. For this treatment I have to wear frozen mittens and slippers. I HATE cold and now I'm forced to freeze myself once a week for the next 8 weeks! Paul said that I looked so pathetic that if he saw me in a window he'd have to buy me....kind of like a "Doggey in the window" situation and of course he took pictures! I'm pretty sure they don't allow cameras in the Chemo clinic so he took them on his cell phone....the quality isn't so great.









Thumbs up!!

I don't feel any different now than I did when I went in but I've heard of other woman say that they start to experience terrible body aches about 3 days after....but everyone handles it differently and I'm hoping that I don't have that. Either way I'll get by.

After treatment I had another ECG....once again the technician didn't seem overly impressed. Maybe it was just a case of the "Monday's" but I doubt it.
When we were all done with the mornings appointments we decided that a good lunch was in order so we headed to one of our favourite spots for lunch (East Side Marios)....that hit the spot! Then it was back home for me to do some work I had to catch up on and off to make sales calls for the afternoon for Paul!
Tomorrow is my first Radiation treatment.....stay tuned for the update!

1 comment:

  1. I love the new wig -- you look so great!

    Good luck Tuesday! Love Kim

    ReplyDelete