Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Update

Since my June 14 treatment.....I returned to work on Wednesday June 16 feeling pretty good...tired, but good.

We spent the next weekend at the lake cleaning up and getting ready for "Girls Weekend" on June 25-27...I've never had one so I'm looking very much forward to hanging out with two great friends this weekend....no boys allowed!


I must have over done it on Sunday because I couldn't stay at work on Monday. I arrived feeling tired, but okay. As the day wore on I realized that I needed to go home and rest. I was pretty much just sitting in my office staring at my computer screen and unable to concentrate on work at all. So I went home to my couch where I tried to rest. I told Paul that I didn't want any distractions unless it was him coming home from work. I had three knocks on my door!! Oh well, two of them were good to have. First we had a registered letter that I needed to sign for....this knock I could have done without as I had just fallen asleep and woke with a start. The second knock was our good friend Sherwin. It was very nice to see him...thanks for stopping by Sherwin, sorry I wasn't more social! The third knock was UPS, this knock I was very excited about!


A couple of weeks ago I decided that I would try a wig again....I just really miss having hair. I know what your thinking! The last one was a pain in the butt, a new one will be too! And especially ordering it on-line. Not true!


Before ordering I checked the return policy to make sure that if I didn't like it I could return it and get my money back. They did have a return policy so I placed my order.


My new wig arrived via UPS on Monday June 21. I immediately tore open the package and tried it on. It didn't look exactly like the picture below, but it was very similar and in the right colour....very dark brown like my natural colour.

http://www.headcovers.com/693/power-by-raquel-welch-wigs/
From the Raquel Welch collection! If she's put her name on it, it must be good!! If you can't see the picture click on the link above.


Here's how it looks on me.....














Pretty cool eh?!?


For a comparison....here's the other one I don't like any more....















Not so hot!!


The new one is actually comfortable enough to wear a full day! It does not move or shift and the "hair" doesn't fall in my face because it's short. And the best part is that because I also bought the gel cushion head band to wear underneath, it's not itchy! The wig does not sit on my skin it sits on the head band. The band also keeps the wig from being too hot!


Here's the head band....


It looks funny but it's totally worth it!


There was only one thing that I had to get past....the wig "smell"! I was successful at this too! I went to a wig store that specializes in all things wig/extensions and found a "wig spray" that doesn't smell bad....hallelujah!


I arrived at work on Tuesday morning sporting the wig....I was VERY happy with the reaction of my co-workers!


After work I had a few stops to make on my way home. One stop was at the grocery store to pick up a few things. At the deli counter the woman serving me said "I just have to tell you that I love your hair cut!" I was floored! I'm sure that there was an expression of shock pasted on my face. I thanked her, then I felt compelled to tell her that it was a wig, but I very much appreciated her comment. It must look good if complete strangers can't tell it's a wig!

Thank you Raquel!!

2 comments: