Sunday, June 13, 2010

"I couldn't do it"

One thing that I've heard a lot lately is people telling me "I couldn't do it" if they were faced with a Cancer diagnosis. I was also of the same mind just a few short months ago. Before my diagnosis I actually tried to imagine what it would be like, how I would react, how I would tell my family....it seemed like the hardest thing have to endure.



The truth of the matter is, is that it is just something that happens and once you have taken the time to process the information it becomes somewhat "easier". Don't get me wrong, it's hard but you learn to deal with it and eventually you start to be able to sleep at night again. You come to realize what's important and what's not. You learn to live for today and stop putting things off for tomorrow. Essentially you learn what it is you want out of life and what you don't!

I pray that none of you have to go through this but if you do just remember that there is some good to take from it. There is no need to only see the bad side, because if that's all you see then God help you to get through it at all! There are positives in everything, even in Cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment